Planning Your Large Group and Special Event
We regularly host special events for large groups. Please CLICK HERE to fill out our online event request form, if you’ve already chosen us! Otherwise please read on.
We are a unique and superior choice:
- We’re convenient, right on Main Street, near Moody Street, across from the Waltham Common, with a large municipal parking garage right behind us, that is cheap during the day and free evenings.
- We’re the farthest thing from the “same old same ol’” – With both exotic [Cambodian] and familiar [French] cuisines, we epitomize [in event-planning parlance] the “upscale-casual”, or “casually elegant” dining experience.
- Now in our 22nd year [yes, that news has come as a bit of a shock to us too!] we are very experienced planning and managing our guests’ special events.
- Perhaps most importantly, we are very affordable. We never charge room fees [though we do establish food-and-beverage spending minimums for prime-time accommodations - but we help your figure out how to spend it so you always get your money's worth!].
We hope you’ll allow us to help you welcome your colleagues, friends, and family to The Elephant Walk in Waltham.
Planning the meal
Our full menu is available for smaller groups. However, we strongly recommend all groups, and require larger groups to opt for prix-fixe menus. Narrowing choices serves many purposes, with these the most important:
- Guests have a far easier time choosing, thereby helping them stay engaged with their companions and fellow celebrants,
- both our service staff and kitchen staff have an easier time preparing and presenting food quickly, together, and well, and
- event costs can be known and contained in advance.
We have standard dinner prix-fixe menus, that include both Cambodian and French dishes, ranging from $29.95 to $36.95 per person and will happily customize a prix-fixe menu for your guests at lower and higher price points if you so desire. – We also offer a special family-style menu we call “The Cambodian Table,” for our most authentic Cambodian dining experience. – And of course our widely-varied and award-winning vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free menus make it possible for you to deftly accommodate an extremely broad array of dietary needs.
We also have a menu of delightful and ethnically diverse passed hors d’oeuvres for guests who prefer to greet, meet, and mingle a bit before their meals.
The beverage component of every special event is tailored to the unique and specific desires and requirements of each host.
Our Waltham restaurant offers two dining rooms which can accommodate up to 35 and 55 respectively. The restaurant’s maximum capacity is 90. We use free-standing, decorative screens to subdivide each room and create intimacy for smaller gatherings.
Interested? Please CLICK HERE to fill out our online event request form.
Special Event FAQ
Q: Do you charge a room fee for private dining areas?
A: We never charge a room fee. However, depending on the size of your group, the time of year, and the day of the week, we may impose a food and beverage minimum for large groups or parties that are looking for private accommodations.
Q: Can I bring my own dessert? Is there a cake-cutting fee?
A: Guests are welcome to bring in their own desserts, such as birthday cakes. We charge $2.00 per person as an “outside food” fee, if you decide to bring something in. Included in this fee is portioning, plating, and serving outside desserts.
Q: Can I bring in my own bottle of wine? Is there a corkage fee?
A: By City Ordinance, BYO is not permitted in Waltham.
Q: How are beverage purchases handled for large groups?
A: We can accommodate a variety of options for beverage purchases. The three most common choices are  to provide an “open bar”, where guests can order from our full bar and wine lists with the charge going on the host’s check,  a “cash bar” where guests pay for their own drinks, and  a limited drink list, where the host pays, but guests are limited to a pre-selected list of beverages.
Q: Do your tables have linens? Can you get custom linens?
A: Our tables are wood which blends perfectly with our decor. However, we do have white tablecloths and napkins available with advance notice, and we can also order specialized colors of napkins and tablecloths at an economical rate.
Q: Can I bring flowers or can I get them through the restaurant?
A: Guests are welcome to provide their own flowers for events. We can also provide them for a nominal fee.
Q: Do you have the ability to show presentations?
A: We have a flat screen monitor for DVD or laptop-driven presentations.
If your question is not answered here…
Please email or call us at 781-899-2244.
If you’ve decided to plan an event with us, please CLICK HERE to fill out our online event request form.